Friday, March 20, 2020

Have a map!

When you write an adventure, its likely that there will be a lot of stuff that gets cut or altered. With my upcoming Lamentations of the Flame Princess book Long Live the New Flesh I have whole notebooks of stuff that didn't make it into the final manuscript. Like seriously - it's a small stack of books. That's just how I do things. I sit and scribble handwritten notes and drawings in my notebooks until something gels - then I do it some more. Eventually that pile of nonsense turns into a typewritten manuscript but the process leading there is total chaos.

Anyway, what you have here is one of the maps I drew for Long Live the New Flesh. Don't worry about spoilers, because I completely re-wrote the section of the book where this was supposed to go so it's effectively obsolete.

I hate to see stuff like this go to waste, though - so I figured what the heck. I'll polish that sucker up and give it away! So here's a link to a folder containing the full files. Inside the folder are two subfolders, one containing low resolution jpeg files and another containing hi resolution tifs. One of the tifs has all the layers I used (although don't look at those...the layers are an organizational nightmare because I just wanted to knock the darn thing out and give it away).

I made a few changes to the final map, mostly omitting stuff I didn't like. And don't bother asking me what any of the stuff on the map is - because some of it did make it into the final adventure, albeit in a different form or location. Just make up your own thing.

You have my full permission to use these maps in any way you wish - either for personal or commercial use. All I ask is that if you use them for a commercial product you give me credit.






No comments:

Post a Comment